The health and well-being of residents and team members is the top priority for the St. Clair O'Connor Community, and we will continue to keep you informed as we monitor the evolving situation with COVID-19. Please continue to check our website for updates and other related information.
We are encouraging our Residents to “shelter in place” and avoid contact with each other as much as possible. We understand that this is an emotional time for everyone and are doing our outmost to keep our community safe.
Communication in these times is also extremely important so we have created a COVID-19 portal to keep you informed as to what we are doing in our community to ensure its safety and we encourage you to visit it regularly.
- May 30 - Memo: SCOC update
- May 27 - Memo: SCOC update - 3 active cases
- May 25 - Memo: SCOC update - second outbreak in Independent Living
- May 25 - Ministry of Health COVID-19 Provincial Testing Guidance Update
- May 23 - Memo: SCOC update
- May 15 - SCOC declared COVID-19 free
- May 12 - Honourable Dr. Merrilee Fullerton, Minister of Long-Term Care - Letter to Residents in Long-Term Care and Families
- May 8 - Memo: SCOC update - 3 cases in LTC home
- May 1 - Memo: SCOC update - 3 cases in LTC and 3 cases among staff members
- April 24 - Memo: SCOC update for COVID-19 cases
- April 17 - Memo: SCOC update
- April 12 - Toronto Star article: SCOC LTCH Raymond Harden's, by Rosie DiManno
- April 11 - Memo: SCOC update on the number of cases and screening
- April 9 - Toronto Star article: Anguish unleashed by deadly virus in a long-term care home, by Rosie DiManno
- April 6 - Memo: SCOC update
- April 4 - Letter to the Community, updates on the current situation
- April 4 - Letter from the Chair, Board of Directors to the Community
- April 3 - Letter from the Medical Director at SCOC
- March 30 - Joint letter on Emergency-Order
- March 30 - Memo: SCOC Dining Services Reconfiguration
- March 25 - Memo: Assistance with online grocery shopping services and video/phone chats and access to online Pastoral Care/Chaplaincy Services for all interested community members
- March 22 - Recommendations from Toronto Public Health
- March 22 - Memo to residents and staff
- March 22 - Two residents at SCOC have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- March 18 - Letter from the SCOC Board of Directors
- March 18 - Ensuring health and safety of the SCOC Community
- March 16 - Limiting community spread
- March 14 - Additional steps taken within our internal SCOC community
- March 13 - Steps taken within our internal SCOC community
Physical distancing and other measures taken at SCOC
Appropriate measures to contain further spread of the virus, both in the Long-Term Care home and to the Independent Living, are being taken at SCOC.
Physical distancing is one way that we can all help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our communities, and within St. Clair O'Connor Community, and we are taken further precautions.
Here are some examples of how we are implementing these measures:
- When having conversations with others, we are instructing residents and staff to observe a two (2) metre, or six (6) foot distance to avoid any transmission.
- Instructing vendors to leave all deliveries of food or products at Reception and a staff member will deliver them to their suites.
- Providing meal deliveries to each individual's suite by SCOC staff members.
- Increasing the screening for all Residents in the Independent Living apartments.
- Increased cleaning, especially high-touch surfaces such as hand rails in all areas of the community.
- Registered staff will continue screening Residents who are required to self-isolate.
- Staff that have tested positive are all off on self-isolation, and they will not be allowed back to work until they have 2(two) negative nasal swabs in a 24 hour period.
Thank you to our residents and Board of Directors for their compassion towards our staff and volunteers.
To our healthcare workers, staff and volunteers, thank you for your care and support for our community.