The health and well-being of residents and team members is the top priority for the St. Clair O'Connor Community, and we will continue to keep you informed as we monitor the evolving situation with COVID-19. Please continue to check our website for updates and other related information.
We are encouraging our Residents to “shelter in place” and avoid contact with each other as much as possible.
We understand that this is an emotional time for everyone and are doing our outmost to keep our community safe.
Communication in these times is also extremely important so we have created a COVID-19 portal to keep you informed as to what we are doing in our community to ensure its safety and we encourage you to visit it regularly.
- March 30 - Memo: SCOC Dining Services Reconfiguration
- March 25 - Memo: Assistance with online grocery shopping services and video/phone chats and access to online Pastoral Care/Chaplaincy Services for all interested community members
- March 22 - Recommendations from Toronto Public Health
- March 22 - Memo to residents and staff
- March 22 - Two residents at SCOC have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- March 18 - Letter from the SCOC Board of Directors
- March 18 - Ensuring health and safety of the SCOC Community
- March 16 - Limiting community spread
- March 14 - Additional steps taken within our internal SCOC community
- March 13 - Steps taken within our internal SCOC community
Thank you to our residents and Board of Directors for their compassion towards our staff and volunteers.
To our healthcare workers, staff and volunteers, thank you for your care and support for our community.
Practicing social distancing at SCOC
Social distancing is a way that we can all help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our communities, and within St. Clair O'Connor Community.
Here are some examples of how we are practing social distancing:
- When having conversations with others, we are instructing residents to observe a two (2) metre, or six (6) foot distance to avoid any transmission;
- instructing vendors to leave all deliveries of food or products at Reception and a staff member will deliver them to their suites;
- providing meal deliveries to each individual's suite by SCOC staff members.