St. Clair O’Connor Community Inc.
St. Clair O’Connor Community Inc. (SCOC) is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to developing a safe and caring environment for gracefully aging seniors. SCOC as it’s affectionately known, is an intergenerational community for families both young and older that focuses on creating a safe and encouraging place in a congregated setting. While being able to enjoy an intimate and private living existence, seniors at SCOC are also provided with many resources to engage with the community and foster relationships with their fellow residents as well as the staff.
A Mennonite Project
On the Road to Servant-Leadership
- Serving one another at home and in the neighbourhood
- Extending Christian love and compassion
- Volunteering: giving and receiving with helping hands and open hearts
- Striving to be exceptional by leading the way
- Lifelong learning and growing
- Trusting and nurturing healthy relationships
- Respecting unity and diversity of cultures and ages
- Living together in an intergenerational setting founded by Mennonite visionaries
- Empowering people through the use of their gifts
- Fostering teamwork, accountability and adaptability
- Celebrating the unique worth of each individual
- Inspiring happiness, hospitality and well-being
- Growing a welcoming place
Starting in June
Computer instructor: Karen-Ann Xavier
The classes are on Thursdays at 7 p.m. in the Craft Room. Community members are welcome to sign up.
What are the advantages? Increase your productivity. Connects you to the internet. Can store vast amounts of information and reduce waste. Help sort, organize, and search through information. Get a better understanding of data. Keeps you connected. Keeps you entertained. And much more...
Sign up at reception
Banging pots and pans to lift the spirits of our residents and show support and appreciation to our dedicated staff and volunteers.
‘The Hero In All Of Us’
SCOC Presents: 'The Hero In All Of Us' - A tribute to all essential workers, Michael Garron Hospital and everyone involved in the battle against COVID-19.
Thank you to the heroes!
A message from Sarah Downey, President and CEO, Michael Garron Hospital and other leaders at the Hospital and our community.
Images taken at Christmas Market 2019
Café & Convenience Store
The Café has been running successfully thanks to the dedication and commitment of our helpful volunteers that take the time to care for it every day.
You will find all the basics including freshly served food, coffee, sandwiches, and soups straight from our SCOC kitchen. Residents, staff and visitors from outside our community frequent the store for its selection of groceries, cards, books and gifts. It’s all about the convenience of being able to purchase them so close to home and work.